Our Approach - Why see an Allergist?
There are many options for medical care when it comes time to finding someone to take care of you and your family. What distinguishes an allergist from other specialists who take care of common allergy symptoms?
An allergist/ immunologist:
1. has undergone extensive medical training and is board-certified in the field of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
2. has been trained in the care of adults and children with allergy symptoms
3. understands that the whole body can be affected by allergies (eyes, nose, lungs, GI tract, and skin)
4. treats all body systems affected by allergies
5. has a fully equipped and trained staff that practices the specialty of allergic conditions and potentially life-threatening allergic reactions. We provide allergy services on a full-time basis and not as an intermittent, supplemental procedure to our regular medical services.
The allergist/ immunologist can answer your questions regarding the
Environmental allergies (grass, weeds, trees)
Indoor allergies (animal dander, dust mites, mold)
Stinging insect and fireant venom allergies
Asthma and persistent cough
Eczema, hives, and other allergic skin conditions
Chronic sinus, ear, and respiratory infections
Immune system evaluation